Sunday, September 19, 2010

Surviving on simple food

Sun. Aug. 29th
Happy anniversary to us! We have been married for twelve years. My present to Rob? I brought our Garlic Press from home because he had commented in a moment when he didn’t think I was listening that the hardest part of packing up your home and selling everything were the little things. “I don’t want to get rid of my Garlic Press, I love this Garlic Press.”
So I brought it for him.
Speaking of Garlic, I thought I would share about the lack of it at Taize. To feed literally thousands of people on a daily basis the food has to be simple. Here is what a typical daily menu looks like:
8:15 Prayer
9:00 Breakfast- Bun, 2 chocolates, 1 butter, 1 Bowl with hot chocolate in it.
10:00 Discussion Group (Kids Group)
12:20 Prayer
1:00 Lunch- Bowl and Spoon and Plate, Bun, soft cheese, ham, mashed potatoes, apple, biscuits, water.
2:00-5:00 choir practice, work groups, free time
5:15 Tea- Bowl, tea, sugar, cookie
5:45 Group Time/ Kids drama
7:00 Supper- Bowl and spoon and plate, bun, butter, pasta with tomato sauce, plum, cookie, iced tea
8:30 Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey thanks for joining in the conversation.