Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Planes, Trains and Moo part II

Aug.25
So, where was I? Ah, yes. Tired, with too much luggage, wired kids and now I’m weeping as I get on the plane where it is demanded by our preschoolers that Rob and I each become their lap-beds for the duration of the trip to Paris which means that sleep was still to be eluded in our lives. Kathryn also did not do much sleeping because she had a personal TV. on that plane with a 24 hour option of watching my little pony movies. A six-year-old girl’s heaven.
Have I mentioned how we’re traveling? Here’s a breakdown:
1. A massive chariot bike-trailer/stroller which acts as luggage cart and child container…thank you Gingerich five!
2. Three children
3. Three rather large and cumbersome suitcases
4. Four carry-on backpacks
5. A diaper bag
6. A snack bag
These eleven bags meant that transport between each deposit point was torture. The Paris Airport had us wandering with the torturous amount of luggage up and down different terminals until we found the right bus that took us an hour away to the main train station. Luckily the main station had pigeons. Lots and lots of pigeons which helped entertain my children which helped maintain my sanity while I searched for 20 cents…I mean Euro’s so that I could use the public washrooms.
Of course we ended up at the wrong side of the terminal and had to RUSH to get on the right train, goodbye pigeons, hello jet-lag on the speed train. Naptime on the speedtrain here we finally come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey thanks for joining in the conversation.