Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Businessmen and Baguettes


Sept 6 2010

Yes, accommodations may be less than desirable for the young family trying to stick to a budget, but I really do love Paris. I love that men in suits have a cellphone in one hand and a baguette to take home in the other. I love that the café’s are lined with tables looking out on the street and that every table is taken. That there is a love for good food, friends and café crème. It is also so beautiful. The attention to detail and beauty makes me think the line of kings couldn’t have been all bad…well, except for Marie Antoinette.


I had brought Dickens’s A tale of Two Cities to read with me on the plane and was so glad I did. We were staying in the “Bastille” district map(which perhaps explains why our hotel was less than stellar) and it was making me a little squeamish reading Dickens’ account of the French Revolution at the same moment as I was walking Parisian streets where so much blood had been shed.
What a history this country has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey thanks for joining in the conversation.