Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Living in the waiting

Be flexible....
Ya right!
I was speaking with my wise and venerable father-in-law about how we were supposed to be in Europe on thursday and our house STILL has not sold. All the thoughts, doubts and anger about not seeing what we've hoped for were brimming at the surface of my conversation.

He told me a story about his days as a young father:

"You know Kate, I didn't know I had any issues with anger until I was a young father. Our oldest son would cry every night from midnight until 2 am. One Saturday night I was so angry I just wanted to throw my son out the window. I then remembered that when I became a Christian I was giving up my rights to controlling my life. I just said "God, if you've made this baby and made him to cry then you need to give me a sermon" and, he did. I learned that I need to be like bamboo (He laughs), flexible yet strong."

So our update is that at this point we are not leaving for Europe on thursday. Our house has not sold and we are quite uncertain about what an appropriate "plan B" would look like.

We are living in the waiting.

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey thanks for joining in the conversation.