Sunday, July 4, 2010

I might need that someday....

No you won't!
Trust me. I have just purged my house and I will tell you what has been lurking in your cupboards for three years:
-three yes, three identical boxes of unopened green tea.
-a carton of that weird chamomile tea that your friend who doesn't like caffeine and comes over once every 6 months likes.
-socks. All those socks that will have a match someday...NO THEY WON'T!
-C.D.'s and VHS tapes that you haven't listened to or watched since you were sixteen and actually cried at that cheesy line that no longer holds resonance...chuck it!
-Bridesmaid dresses. NO you won't wear them again EVER!
-Baby toys and Pollypocket accessories. Man, those dolls have more purses than I do.
-Magazines, lecture notes from university, cookbooks, and the library book that has been missing for three months. Guess where it was? The Shed.

All this to say that the stuff you have been hanging on to for the day that you might "need" it.

It's just stuff.

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey thanks for joining in the conversation.