Monday, December 20, 2010

Crosses and Caminos


Crosses actually go hand in hand with any journey. You know those times where you get to a place where you realize, ' i should probably leave this behind.' Not just excess luggage, but burdens. Grace I believe is the thing that allows us the ability to take it off, bury it. Probably the most powerful experience of the camino was contemplating this cross. Here people have nailed, hopes, dreams, repentances, things that they would like to leave behind.


It is as if to say, "Jesus you died for me, and told me to bury my life with you, to leave my sin, my hurt, my past here with you. I can leave this thing here for you."


The crazy thing is that in this random place in the outback of Spain, people pray, and lighten their load. It reminds me of the scripture that God would be praised to the ends of the earth. I wonder where else there are crosses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey thanks for joining in the conversation.